Help in Setting Up & Managing IP! Clubs
Hardware and Software Issues
First, you must install KaHootz onto your hard drive.
Check what operating system your computer uses. if it uses Windows 98 please follow the installation procedures given below for Windows 98. For all other operating systems follow these installation procedures:
- Check that your computer has at least 32 mgs of memory.
- Check the hard drive space on the C dirve, you'll need at least 300 mgs free for a full installation.
- Place CD in drive, and the auto-start should appear automatically. If not then remove CD and restart.
- Once installed restart machine. The KAHooTZ icon should appear on your desktop. Then open KAHooTZ Website, Kahootz.com.au, and follow instructions for downloading the current patch.
- If the KAHooTZ icon does not appear, complete the Uninstall option on the CD, restart your machine and begin procedure again.
For Windows 98 Machines:
Kahootz doesn't work very well with Windows 98. (It was developed to be compatable with Windows 95.) What this means is that the CD and update Patch must be loaded in a specific order or the computer will flash "JView Error" or will simply not open up the KAHootz program at all.
Here's the order for loading the CD and Patch for machines using Windows 98:
- Insert CD and proceed with Installation procedures above.
- You will be asked for Java, DirectX, then a window will tell you that the installation has been successful. The KAHooTZ icon should appear on your screen.
- Go to KAHooTZ website (Kahootz.com) and install patch (following the instructions on the site).
NOTE: **do not try to open Kahootz before installing patch if your machine is running Windows 98!
- Restart the machine.
- Try opening KAHooTZ. (It should start without any difficulties.)
- If this is not successful, Uninstall and try this over again. (Sorry, this is what happens when a project is still in the Beta stage...)
Accessing your KAHooTZ Account
- Open KAHooTZ. (If you see an error message, or Kahootz will not open, please follow instructions for installing KaHootz on machines running Windows 98.)
- Open "File" menu at top left of screen.
- Select "Go To Start Screen."
- In Start Screen window, select: "New Member."
- Enter your account information including: member # and
password. (You will have to go through this process for each member #.)
- Once you enter this information it will be listed in the Start Screen. Highlight your member # and click "Start."
- Fill in the password and click "OK."
- Click on "Search."
- A window will appear asking if you want to connect to KAHooTZ. Click "yes."
- A "Search" window will appear. Type "Inventions" to find a listing of inventions that were crated by Australian Students, or "Access" to find inventions by Newark Students. (If Kahootz allows you to search for other expressions this confirms that your account has been activated).
- Click "View" in lower right corner.
- Click "Show expressions" to see students' expressions.
- Have fun creating your own expressions!